Old 10-04-2014, 09:11 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
[email protected] galpino@gmail.com is offline

Default Encouraging new branches on a Jacaranda?

Hi Brian,

I have a little Jacaranda (see it in the link below) that came as a gift. Since that photo, 2 new branches have grown, one from the branch stub at the bottom of the trunk, another from the back of the first branch. On the other hand, the branches at top left have become completely stagnant and haven't grown at all. I don't know what caused the difference in these two scenarios, but have read that to get your buds to grow you just need to fertilise a lot.

Hope that's some help,
Chris, Melbourne

http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/forum/vi...hp?f=7&t=17759