Old 18-05-2014, 07:11 AM posted to rec.ponds
Mark[_16_] Mark[_16_] is offline

Default Mosquitos in pond

On 5/17/2014 12:56 PM, rabbit23 wrote:
Hello everyone

My problem is that my neighbour has a 3 year old raised pond (meter high
so inaccessible to amphibians) with no plants & no wildlife so mozzies
have taken over & are invading my house every evening! The thing looks
like pea soup. I too have a pond, but it is rich in vegetation, newts,
frogs, boatmen etc. so have no problem with mozzies. She is oblivious
to the problem and takes no interest in the welfare of the pond or the
fact that is is festering. I look after her house & cat regularly so am
thinking of treating the pea soup on her behalf (so to speak). Can you
recommend a water treatment that will get rid of this pest please?

Many thanks.

How about some pool chlorine.....

---