Old 20-05-2014, 07:46 PM
jineu21 jineu21 is offline
Registered User

Default Ugly long stems of roses

I don't know if this is just my problem but my roses (both standing and climbing ones) love to grow long stems and flower at the end of the stem. These stems shoot away from the bush and sometimes hang down almost to the ground. The whole stems and flowers are quite ugly, as flowers are not nicely embedded in and harmonized with the bush. When I see rose pictures I see no long ugly stems but just flowers beautifully sitting right on the bush. Should I just keep cutting off these long stems? This will mean a lot of cutting and flower loss. Is this how people deal with the problem?

Thanks.