Old 31-08-2014, 03:41 PM
ranni's Avatar
ranni ranni is offline
Registered User

Location: Newport, Wales
Exclamation Please help identify what is wrong with my tree's

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum so please be patient if i do anything wrong.

I have a quite a few trees which are in the process of training, all of them have either been gained in the wild (yamadori) but some of my oaks i have grown from seed.

They are Willow, Oak, Sycamore, Norwegian Maple, Poplar and ash trees.

The problem is that they are all close together and have now all been infected with something... I am unsure of what it could be... after a lot of research i think i have found the problem but cannot be 100% certain. Last summer they had a light case of mildew but this summer they are really poorly.

I think they have some black or grey spot but i can't be certain, the tree's that are mostly effected are my ash which is my biggest concern, they have very small spots on quite a few leaves and some are dying back, the leaves are turning brown and curling up, then falling off. I was uncertain if this was "Ash Die Back", if so would this have transferred to the other trees i have.

I am not sure how to add a photo to show you, maybe someone could please help?

In desperation.... Any advice would be fantastic.

Kindest Regards

Ranni