Old 10-09-2014, 01:25 AM posted to aus.gardens
SG1[_6_] SG1[_6_] is offline

Default Hot stuff

"Jeßus" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Sep 2014 15:33:44 +0800, "Bloke Down The Pub"
wrote:

"SG1" wrote in message
raweb.com...
It would appear that my habenero plant and at least one Jalapeño
survived
a winter of erratic rainfall and very few frosts.

Without a heated hothouse, no chance of that happening here :\

Advantages and disadvantages where ever you make your abode.
The plants are now watered and mulched, and putting out new growth.

Congratulations. Having cleared the weeds in one corner of the garden I
found some herbs I had thrown away earlier in the year and they were doing
exceptionally well. Unfortunately the peppers and tomatoes I had hoped
would over winter were nowhere to be seen.

I found some young leeks the other day, and some celery which had
regrown in the garden, which was a nice surprise, especially as I was
making some chicken soup from the leftover roast chook. I also threw
in some kale, silverbeet and nettle as well.