Old 22-03-2015, 01:39 AM posted to aus.gardens
~misfit~[_4_] ~misfit~[_4_] is offline

Default Old seeds

Once upon a time on usenet Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
"~misfit~" wrote in message
Once upon a time on usenet SG1 wrote:
"Bloke Down The Pub" wrote in message

"SG1" wrote in message
web.com...
Put some old seeds into seed raising mixture to see if any of them
are viable. Hopefully some will be and I can get a new supply
without paying outlandish prices for heirloom varieties.

SO what was the results of the old seed trial? I have found its a
bit of a lottery when I plant things I have left over but I often
get a few starts so will never cast them aside without at least
giving them a try. Mike

To be polite NFG. SWMBO tossed the seeds yesterday. The Jalapenos
that survived last winter are still doing well. Nice and hot the
cillies not the weather.

Heh! Good to see someone else using 'NFG'. That's what I write on
computer parts that don't work so if I don't get rid of them quickly
and stumble across them again I know not to bother testing....

BUT you still test them just in case they have recovered since you
last tested. At least that's what I tend to do.

That's why they have 'NFG' written on them rather than being thrown away.
;-)
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."