Old 18-05-2015, 11:38 AM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline

Default Crimson Bottlebrush and allergies?

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Once upon a time on usenet wrote:
On Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 7:54:59 AM UTC+10, Xilander Xinandu
wrote:
G'day,

does anyone here have any experience with allergic symptons after
working with flourishing Crimson Bottlebrush trees?

I read about symptoms similar to hay fever when sniffing the flowers,
but I am more wondering about a large rash after skin contact with
the tree or its flowers. Is that something that others have
experienced?

- Xilander

Yes, I have an allergy to Bottlebrush Trees, I have only just
discovered this and I am quite shocked about this as I have been
blaming my raised very red itchy, inflamed skin on insect bites as
the beginning of hives always start with spots like bites. I put the
Bottlebrush to the test by deliberately rubbing a flower against the
inside of my forearm to test if there is a reaction and sure enough
next morning I had very itchy, red, inflamed hives!

You send three replies within five minutes to a post that's seven years
old?

Still on a server after 7 years wow...

OK.

Sorry to hear of your allergy.
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)