Old 09-07-2015, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
told. . .@. . .com told. . .@. . .com is offline

Default Golden Memories rose colour change

On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 4:25:01 PM UTC-4, yooser1 wrote:
Hello,

I was given a Golden Memories rose a couple of years ago and it has
grown well with a good crop of golden yellow roses , but this year some
are pink in colour !
The buds start off as pink and continue to grow to full size still being
pink, the others start off as a yellow bud and grow into full size
golden yellow.
I am not a expert gardener , but my wife is a very keen gardener and she
is as surprised as I am.
I have attached a couple of photos to give an idea of what they look
like.

Any ideas anyone ? We like the look as it's so strange.

Regards from Neale.

|Filename: Golden Memories Rose colour change.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16318|
|Filename: Golden Memories Rose colour change 02.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16319|

yooser1

Many, if not most, of the roses sold today are grafted onto a root stock that's completely different than the variety you're buying. Check to see if the branch with the pink rose is coming from below the graft.