Old 08-12-2015, 11:29 PM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected] jenandbryan804@gmail.com is offline

Default Crimson Bottlebrush and allergies?

On Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 7:54:59 AM UTC+10, Xilander Xinandu wrote:
G'day,

does anyone here have any experience with allergic symptons after
working with flourishing Crimson Bottlebrush trees?

I read about symptoms similar to hay fever when sniffing the flowers,
but I am more wondering about a large rash after skin contact with the
tree or its flowers. Is that something that others have experienced?

- Xilander

I have several of this species, and if I work in the garden in that area, or brush past them, I break out in hives, extremely painful and last for up to 10 days. My 2nd last episode was a trial after the 1st reaction cleared up. Sure enough I broke out again, currently recovering.