Old 19-03-2016, 08:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default Red apple ice plant in bad shape

"songbird" wrote in message ...
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
What could cause a whole hill of red apple to die? It's been healthy for 15 years with very little care, now within a couple of months the whole hill is brown. Looking up close, the roots and stalks that are still green look fine.

I'll take some to the nursery this weekend and ask. My guess would be some kind of disease, something filtering thru the soil from uphill neighbor, or rats or squirrels eating it.

Any guesses?

no idea. did it get sprayed with something?
frosted? dessicating winds? it would help if you
described where you are at.

it may come back just fine without anything else
needing to be done if the stalks and roots are still
green and able to grow.

songbird

Never sprayed, no unusual winds or below 40 deg F. S Calif.