Old 05-04-2016, 05:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

Default Battery for Moisture Detector

On 4/4/2016 10:43 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 4 Apr 2016 20:56:18 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 4/4/2016 8:14 PM,
wrote:

You sure about that??
Lithium and other rechargeables tend to be shorter, but zinc chloride
and alkalines are generally the same.

http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/A95.pdf

I did find a chart (half way down on the right)
comparing alkalines to carbon zinc. If you find
comparison between zinc chloride versus alkaline,
I'd sure like to see it.

In my own tests, alkalines of various brands outlast
carbon zinc four to one. I mixed and matched a bunch
of cells in various applications. Came out 4:1 fairly
consistently.

And what does that have to do with the SIZE of a 9 volt battery???

You're the one who has recently posted that
zinc chloride cells last longer than alkalines.

--
..
Christopher A. Young