Old 10-04-2016, 06:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default Garden woes

On 4/10/2016 5:05 AM, Chairhead wrote:

Hello all,
My first post to the forum and I'm new to the garden world,
My wife and I have recently moved into our dream property after living
in a two bedroom flat for x amount of years, the whole plot stands on
about an acre, it's a 3 bedroom semi with a plot of land, the PO had
horses and I've inherited a nice mènage and set of 3 stables.

Over the winter there was a lot of rain and the ground became sodden, to
add to my troubles the land at the end of mine is used for horses.....13
of them 😏 who broke through the fence on several occasions over
the winter to eat my nice grass which was lush, as you can imagine I was
less than impressed and the garden now looks like a battle field
😡 The owner of the horses was unphased by the whole scenario and
blamed me for having an old fence 😄🤔.
How can I get my garden back to how it was, do I need to re-turf or use
some sort of machinery, do I get landscape gardeners in, I'm at a loss
guys, can you help please

I'd say it is up to the horse owner to keep them in, not for you to keep
them out. I would hold him liable for damages.