Old 22-06-2016, 05:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default What type of weed is this?

On 6/18/2016 10:43 AM, maf20 wrote:
My lawn, in certain parts, has been overrun with this weed for years.
No sooner do I kill it off, and scarify, it's back, and with a
vengeance!

Can anyone tell me what type of weed it is and how I can get rid of it
for good?

It is in a part of the garden which gets very little sunlight, is often
damp, and where the grass coverage is patchy, at best, despite me using
shady grass seed.

Any advice welcome

It's a liverwort - Pellia epiphylla.

It likes the damp. As long as that area stays damp, it'll keep coming
back. If you can improve the drainage, that will help.