Old 07-11-2016, 02:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Rose food

On 11/6/2016 3:09 PM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 10:31:13 AM UTC-7, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
Looking for an organic rose food, I found this from American Rose Society.

http://www.rose.org/rose-care-articl...s-when-and-how

1 cup bone meal or superphosphate 0-20-0
1 cup cottonseed meal
1/2 cup blood meal
1/2 cup fish meal
1/2 cup Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate)

They say that's a basic recipe PER BUSH??!!!

Some of my bushes are not very big (maybe because I have been only
intermittently feeding them commercial Rose food?) but that quantity
per bush seems like overkill.

Experience/opinions appreciated.

Looking for opinions on "They say that's a basic recipe PER BUSH??!!!"

I would say that 1/2 cup Epsom salts in a year is indeed too much for
one rose bush. My 2 tablespoons is 1/8 of a cup.

Unless it is dug down into where roots are growing -- and thus damaging
the roots -- 1 cup bone meal or superphosphate on any plant is wasted.

--
David E. Ross

Yes, there is at least one instance of voter fraud in this
election. However, the fraud was committed in favor -- not
against -- Donald Trump. As reported by ABC News, an
election judge in Illinois cast her dead husband's absentee
ballot for Trump, a felony in that state. She has been removed
from her position as an election judge.

See
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/illinois-election-judge-allegedly-dead-husbands-ballot-43314675.
Also reported in other news media.