Old 21-12-2016, 01:13 AM posted to rec.gardens
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Running waterline into a barn

Brooklyn1 wrote:
Roxopoop wrote:
Brooklyn1 wrote:

I'm older than you (73) and I carry water buckets all the time...
perhaps you are too old to have horses.
From my experience living in the northern Catskills where it gets
very cold in winter I have learned that the best way to transport
water in winter is in buckets by cart... hoses/pipes are very
problematic in winter.
And you don't have far to go, 40' is nothing, I can pee 40'. LOL

I already answered you, and explained my situation.
Perhaps you are too old to comprehend what you read on a newsgroup.

If you wish to carry pails, feel free to do so.
I don't care to carry buckets of water.

Brains are always stronger than muscles.
I'll use my brains to design this hose method, and prevent pulled
muscles, falls on the ice, and soaked pants legs.

Perhaps if you made an appointment with a Urologist you wouldn't be
peeing your pants.

How nuch mucle do you think is required to drive a tractor... less
than walking. And what's with those concrete steps you conveniently
invented... if you live with a barn full of horses you have to have
enough property to tractor around any concrete steps... do you think a
tractor cares that it needs to travel a few feet from as the crow
flies... and most any tractor can navigate a whole staircase easier
than a horse, like it's just a rough slope.
I don't think you possess enough IQ to identify your own dilemma let
alone how to resolve it... your only problem is you.

This is really all you need and use of a backhoe for an hour... or buy
a $15 shovel and hire a strong teen for a day... bury it below the
freeze line and wrap the last few feet with thermatape... anyone who
keeps horses or any livestock in a cold climate would advise you
exactly the same.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Raindrip-5-...Tubing/3136515
https://www.lowes.com/pd/EasyHeat-12...-Cable/1068425
I still think hauling water with a cart hitched to a garden tractor is
a better solution. I can't imagine anyone who keeps horses not having
at least a small tractor, how do you haul hay bales, how do you haul
away all the manure and muck. Even a snow blower can haul a cart.
Ask at the local high school, any of their athletes would appreciate a
days pay and they'll appreciate the work out too, digging a forty foot
trench by hand is a better work out than a whole day pumping iron at
Gold's Gym. Hire two, one at each end and they'll meet in the middle,
it'll be a competition, they'll finish sooner. I hired two teenage
brothers from the HS wrestling team to groom the 350' trench to my
barn used to bury the electric line. Cost me the same $250 plus $100
worth of topsoil I would have had to pay the guy who dug the trench
only I'd rather give the job to local kids. They hoed out all the
rocks into buckets and hauled them with my cart to my creek to fill in
eroded spots I pointed out. With the bucket on my tractor I spread
topsoil all along the trench and they raked it smooth. Was a good job
and they appreciated the pay.

Whoa! Scratch all that... you have a barn full of horses, have them
haul their own stinkin' water. LOL

However, Mr. Poop, you are an ingrate, It's very obvious that you
didn't want any help, you posted like any common troll... what kinda
pinheaded schmuck can afford to keep horses who can't afford to have
someone plumb a teensy 40' water line. DUH

Why are you being such a dick ? And who says your way is the only way ? We
had horses when I was a kid , we used a hose to fill the tank - but ours was
apparently a lot bigger than his because we only had to fill once a week or
so . And before you ask , yes it was subfreezing and sometimes subzero
weather , we had a heater in the tank .
--
Snag