Old 22-12-2016, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] Roxopop@1950s.no is offline

Default Running waterline into a barn

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 18:13:48 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

However, Mr. Poop, you are an ingrate, It's very obvious that you
didn't want any help, you posted like any common troll... what kinda
pinheaded schmuck can afford to keep horses who can't afford to have
someone plumb a teensy 40' water line. DUH

Why are you being such a dick ? And who says your way is the only way ? We
had horses when I was a kid , we used a hose to fill the tank - but ours was
apparently a lot bigger than his because we only had to fill once a week or
so . And before you ask , yes it was subfreezing and sometimes subzero
weather , we had a heater in the tank .
--
Snag

Yes, I do have a heater in my tank. I also plan to buy a larger tank,
since mine is small and does need to be filled too often. (In warm
weather I use two of these smaller tanks, but if I have to buy another
heater and use twice the electricity, I may as well just get a bigger
tank, and will probably save money in the long run, with the price of
electricity.

As far as your comment about "being such a dick", I see I came to this
group for the first time, and apparently snagged the group's resident
troll right off the bat. Particularly when this troll has no idea what
my property looks like, and the fact that digging in a new hydrant
(inside the barn), would require ripping up concrete, and all sorts of
other costly things. And yeah, I have 3 farm tractors, none of which I'd
even consider trying to drive over concrete steps, and going another
direction, would require excavating a hill, and totally changing my
fencing. ALL OF WHICH IS TOTALLY UNNECESSARY, when I can spend under $50
to run some cable and rig up a hose to make life easier.... My reason
for considering the PEX pipe, is because I was told that it can
withstand freezing and not break. Of course, since this "pipeline" will
only be connected for the minutes it takes to fill the tank, and water
runs down hill, it should not freeze, but I'm still aware that every dip
in any pipe or hose, is a spot which will develop ice in cold weather. I
guess that means that no matter what I use, I will need to use a lot of
wire ties, or wire it so the "dips" are minimal.

As far as the foul mouthed resident troll on this newsgroup, I just
activated my filters. I guess every newsgroup has at least one of them
these days. Probably a big part of the reason that all the newsgoups are
dying.

Thanks for your reply!