Old 22-12-2016, 06:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Running waterline into a barn

writes:

So, what about that PEX pipe? How does that hold up in sunlight?

Normal PEX is not UV resistant.
There exists specialty PEX that, apparently, is
http://www.seymour-ind.ca/displayProduct48.php
Why not just use an old garden hose ?
John T.

Why not use a garden hose???
Well, the last hose I bought had a warning on it not to drink
from it. It said the hose leaches toxic agents into
the water.
Normally I discount these kinds of warnings as some company
trying to avoid a lawsuit but Google seems to confirm.
Perhaps real underground water pipe is the best answer.

The original post had the hose being drained after each use,
to prevent freezing ; and it was being used for livestock.
If anyone is seriously worried about the toxins for this scenario -
- be my guest - it must be a nice life, when you have nothing
more-serious than that to worry about !
John T.

Pretty sure the OP isn't draining those same hoses in the summer.
Another pointer mentioned potable water hoses.
If they were my animals and they were getting all their water
through hoses, I'd do something about it.

As for your concern about my life, thanks, but I don't worry about
much. Just try to make good decisions.

--
Dan Espen