Old 09-01-2017, 07:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Hard freeze

On 1/9/2017 11:22 AM, Derald wrote:
George Shirley wrote:

At least we had no freezing pipes

Never had frozen pipes here. An outdoor faucet snapped off of its
(plastic) riser in 96-97 (capped the riser while still frozen and it
remains capped) and a hose-end 4-way manifold was damaged, as much from
poor design as from my own dumbass, in 2011-12. Our water comes from
the well at 70+ degrees so if we run a little water late at night, the
temperature has to be below freezing for hours to place outdoor stuff at
risk.
Atypically warmer this morning (39) and 62 at noon so no additonal
damage to garden and covering was overkill except, of course for the
eggplant and those damnable tomatoes. Normal pattern is for second
morning after a front passes to be colder than first. I'm not
complaining.

Was low forties this morning and at 1217 is is 58. I don't think we will
get another freeze very soon.