Old 11-02-2017, 04:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Tunnelling critters

"Terry Coombs" wrote:

I got 'em . In my gardens , in the woods , under the house , and other
places . I'm not sure what they are , whether ground squirrels , moles , or
gophers . I do know my dog (mountain cur) loves to try to catch them ,
digging up their tunnels and shoving his nose in them sniffing . These
tunnels are about 2"-4" below the surface and leave a hump - where there are
a lot of them close together the ground is soft . How do I figure out what
they are?

Very likely voles... ONLY remedy is feral cats... voles will be
eradicated in under 24 hours. Two feral cats working as a team can
easily de-vole 40 acres their first night... feral cats have radar,
sonar, and unique feline sensors that nothing can duplicate... no
rodent ever escapes.
Moles are really not a problem except they leave an unsightly mess
moles actually are a boon as they eat grubs. But voles eat plant
roots so will kill all your plants. Feral cats will eliminate them
all and fast, there are no better more ferocious rodent hunters, NONE
will/can escape.