Old 15-03-2017, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default What is the best tool to cut this down

On 14/03/2017 22:39, Jim wrote:
I have a neighbour that I'd like to cut his tree down for him, but have
no garden tools myself once i have spoken to him and got his permission
what tool/tools would be best to hire/buy for the job?
I don't mind buying some tools like a saw as i would be able to use that
again myself indoors but any gardening tools over £20 i think i'd rather
hire, i do have ladders that go up about 6 foot but wonder what your
thoughts are.
The tree in question is below:
http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/...psxr3jwxri.jpg

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/...pstaiajdgl.jpg

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/...pspi5n41xe.jpg

I would highly recommend you buy or hire a telescopic pole pruning saw
first of all.I have one I bought for around a tenner from Lidl several
years ago. You would be surprised how much you can cut down with one. Be
prepared for a lot of branches to dispose of. And of course wear goggles.

Mike