Old 23-03-2017, 01:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
bob prohaska bob prohaska is offline

Default Motion-activated sprinkler pest chasers

ZacSpade wrote:

Looking to get rid of the squirrels and get some entertainment Bob?

Seen it work for larger pests like neighbors dogs and deer, but never
something as small as a squirrel.

How trapwise are fox (same as eastern red) squirrels? I've had pretty
good luck catching roof rats using a Raticator electronic rat trap,
which is fairly unobtrusive. I think it would likely kill
a squirrel _if_ it could be induced to enter the trap.

The landscaping around here is essentially an urban forest, so climbing
barriers on tree trunks won't have much effect; the squirrels can jump
from tree to tree (to building to fence....) easily.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska