Old 02-04-2017, 11:29 AM
fishtycuffs fishtycuffs is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden[_6_] View Post
On 1 Apr 2017 21:53, fishtycuffs wrote:

Well my first comments are...limestone and Rhodos don't go together.
Lavender and wet soil do not mix either, they need full sun and a
dryish soil.
Big problem in your garden is lack of sun, so you need to think about
shade loving plants, search the net for those. It will and does
restrict what you can grow as does the pH (if it's right).

Damp soil and shade suggests ferns, lilly of the valley, Hostas,......

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

The plants are not in shade all day, if you look at the photo's the sun hits the rhodies around 2pm (earlier in the height of summer) and they have sun for the rest of the day so I can only assume it does open up some options a somewhat limited area.

When you say about the pH "if its right" are the cheap probes really that inaccurate?