Old 07-04-2017, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] trancenotes1776@gmail.com is offline

Default Tiny spiders and ants invade my fruit trees...

Can anyone please advise? Ever since I planted my fruit trees, three years ago, they become infested with tiny spiders as soon as the leaves appear in Spring. They seem to turn the leaves into nests, by rolling up a leaf and I think, laying their eggs inside. If I unroll one of these leaves, I find inside, and mass of spider web strands and a bunch of very tiny baby spiders. The fully grown spiders (which are also tiny (2 or 3mm) create web strands between the branches, which in themselves is not a problem. It's the damage to the leaves that bothers me.

I also see a lot of ants running up and down the branches. I presume this means they are cultivating aphid colonies, although I haven't actually seen the aphids!

Something, (aphids, perhaps?) eats large holes in the leaves.

What is the best way to control the above issues? I did google this, but found no clear diagnosis.

Many thanks,

Al_n