Old 12-04-2017, 05:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Companion plants for potted Ceanothus lilac

nightofjoy wrote:

We have an area of yard that serves no purpose, but the corner is all we
can see from the kitchen sink window of our flat, so we thought we'd
stick a large potted plant there to brighten up the view when we're
doing the dishes.

Often mounting a large mirror on a fence will expand the view from
your window.

We chose a California Lilac bush, which is currently about 3 feet tall,
fairly woody and bare at the base.

The pot we've chosen is massive, and I was wondering could anyone
suggest some companion plants to put around the base?

It will need to be very easy maintenance and ideally provide lots of
summer colour year on year, only growing to 12" - 18" in height. We
thought oranges and yellows would look nice. Needs to be commonly
available, and non-toxic to pets.

Thanks in advance.

I suggest inquiring at a local plant nursery, they would know best
which plants will do well in your location. Does the UK have
something similar to the Agricultural Cooperative Extension in the US,
they should be able to direct you.