Old 26-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default What triggers toad/frog croaking?

Thanks for the idea of dual monitoring.

We will begin to monitor both water and air temp....hmmm, slunds like and
indoor/outdoor thermometer might do the trick!

Any thoughts baout why they start and stop at different times in the
evening/night?

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"K30a" wrote in message

I think they croak when water and air temperatures reach a certain range.
Why breed if your eggs are going to freeze?
Bullfrogs usually breed when air temperatures are about 77F and water
temperatures are between 68F and 89F.
I know mine usually started courting here in SE WA about the end of June.
Our Junes can be chilly at times.

k30a