Old 01-05-2003, 06:33 PM
Carl Sommer

Default Replacing wheelbarrow tire?

One other old farmers trick to get a better seal around the rim
is to spray ammonia on the surfaces involved before inflating.

Carl

In article ,
says...
I've done both the wheelbarrow and garden tractor-type tires myself, by
CAREFULLY using my largest screwdrivers and once a Wonderbar. It really
isn't as hard as you'd think. If there's a trick, it's getting the new or
repaired tire to seal around the rim for inflation. If you don't use a
tube, you can force the tire outward to get a starting seal by wrapping
clothes line around the deflated tire, inserting a screwdriver as a lever
and twisting it to compress the tire. This forces the beads out to the rim
and lets you get started inflating it.

CAUTION- once the beads "bite" the rim, remove the clothes line rope before
continuing to inflate the tire.

--

Tom Gauldin, Las Vegas NV
NEW EMAIL

NEW PHONE (702) 263-8804 voice/fax

"Wes Dukes" wrote in message

--
To reply to me, take the RED out of my address.