Old 07-05-2003, 09:32 AM
amjordan

Default Grass that stays short?

Greg C wrote in message
. ..
Emerald Zoysia (or one of the other fine-bladed, japonica Zoysia

varieties)
stays short and grows slowly (think 'really pretty, thick, green

Bermuda').
Matrella grows a little taller (but makes for a stunning lawn).

Greg C

Hm ... says here in my Internet research that Emerald Zoysia has to be mowed
about every 7 to 10 days ... not exactly what I had in mind, since I was
thinking mowing it once a month! But thank you for the suggestion. I
think, after doing some research (which I should have done before bothering
you good folk with my question) that I will be planting some variety of
buffalograss, which apparently requires mowing only two or three times over
a typical summer.

Thanks,
jordan