Old 10-05-2003, 12:08 AM

Default What animal digs small holes in lawn??

On Fri, 9 May 2003 19:51:59 +0100, "hayley"
wrote:

lots of animals dig holes in lawns. Rabbits, badgers (they dig little holes
for worms and things as well as big holes to live in). What sort of animal
is likely to be getting in? How is your garden fenced/hedged etc?
Hayley

We get holes like this in the beds on our allotment sometimes and I
reckon it's badgers (there are known to be setts on the disused
railway embankment that runs alongside the site). It doesn't happen
very often so I'm happy to share.

We also get human footprints, which is *much* more annoying.

Since I'm wibbling: I once found half a rat on the allotment,
fortunately before the dog noticed it. I wonder what the story behind
that was?
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk