Old 09-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default What animal digs small holes in lawn??

Stuart wrote in message :

We get holes like this in the beds on our allotment sometimes and I
reckon it's badgers (there are known to be setts on the disused
railway embankment that runs alongside the site). It doesn't happen
very often so I'm happy to share.

We also get human footprints, which is *much* more annoying.

Since I'm wibbling: I once found half a rat on the allotment,
fortunately before the dog noticed it. I wonder what the story behind
that was?

Yes, we once found a rat that had been half buried so that only the head was
above ground. It looked bizarre, as if it had just emerged and was looking
around. We put it down to foxes which we are always digging holes in our
plots, you should see our seed bed, looks like a bomb site.
Then there's the local cats and the squirrels looking for their buried nuts,
and the crows.........

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.