Old 10-05-2003, 07:44 PM

Default burning leaves in garden

I have a lot of trees. Those trees have alot of leaves.. I am
fortunate to live in a town that not only allows, but encourages leaf
burning. My question is this.. does the ash left from the leaves
have any value in the garden? I know too many leaves can cause the
ground to become acidic, but what about the ash left from burning
them? Is it possible to put too much on?

Last fall, I put mulched leaves on, and put lime on this spring. I
also spread rabbit manure (with a bit of straw bedding mixed in) and
tilled it under about 3 weeks before planting.. I only planted last
week, so I don't really know the results yet.

I'n new at this, and mostly going off hints from others... thanks for
your help..

dave