Old 11-05-2003, 07:21 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Thorny shrubs

I didn't know this, just looked in my book but you can take mallet cuttings
from berberis. I can send u the page if ur interested

From the English Riviera
If you live in Paradise why would you want to go abroad for a holiday?
Answers on a postcard to
http://www.cornishlight.freeserve.co.uk/rame.htm

Stephen Goodall wrote:
: I have managed to get some variegated Holly growing from cuttings
: this year. Only problem for a boundary is they are slow growing.
:
: Stephen
: http://uk.geocities.com/gardeningforpleasureuk/
:
: "sw" wrote in message
: ...
:: I want to plant a boundary of thorny shrubs. Which such shrubs are
:: easy to grow from cuttings? I've tried growing some thorny types
:: before, but the cuttings never made roots.