Old 12-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Dave Allyn

Default burning leaves in garden

On Mon, 12 May 2003 13:35:32 GMT, "Norma Briggs"
wrote:

Get thee to a hardware store or home center and buy a leaf blower/vacuum.
Now, you may have only marginal use for a leaf blower, but that's not what
we're after here. We're after the vacuum function. Gas or electric -
whichever trips yer trigger.

I bought a combo blower/vac/mulcher-electric at Home Depot recently for
$69.00-best money I ever spent. You should see how my kids laugh at me when
I am "vacuuming" the back yard...lol.

I have a torro I use now. I'm not as impressed with the vacuum part
as I am with the blower, but that is what I use to mulch the leaves I
put on the garden now. My problem is more of an amount issue. To
gather and burn takes about 3 days (me and my wife) to mulch the same
amount would take closer to 2 weeks.

mulching with the mower isn't an option either. I did that one year,
and then had to rake up the mulch the next spring when it was killing
the grass (it was 1-2 inches thick all over the yard) My yard is
almost all trees, and I live on a corner lot, so I get alot of the
neighbors leaves. I still mulch some for the flower beds, etc, but
I still have alot of leaves left over....

thanks for your help..
dave