Old 13-05-2003, 04:20 PM
ajames54

Default Where to buy Calcium Carbonate?

On Tue, 13 May 2003 15:06:56 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\""
wrote:

In my pond, my water hardiness is sky high, so is my ph. Could this be the
reason my water hyacinth are not doing well? Funny enough though the plants
in the veggie filter including wh are doing great!

My Brother tells me that he does not think my pond has any salt in it. That
if I should increase salt level to about .2 or .3. He doesn't think this
level of concentration will kill my plants or my fish. Is this going
backwards?

yup salting you pond is moving backwards if your concern is your
plants... it does nothing beneficial to your plants and wont
significantly affect your PH or KH ... it will modestly reduce
the stress you fish are under due to any swings in PH.

Calcium Carbonate used to be available around here in regular
drug stores ... it is the main ingredient in tums.

when you say your hardness is sky high I can only assume you mean
general hardness (GH) rather than carbonate hardness (KH). A
high KH will buffer your pond and help keep the PH in a
reasonable zone.