Old 18-05-2003, 11:56 AM
Tom Randy

Default Why does my lawn look like crap???

On Sun, 18 May 2003 05:40:50 -0400, Fleemo wrote:

Despite all the hard work I spend on my lawn, this spring it looks like
CRAP! We've had an unusally wet winter, and all my neighbors' lawns look
lush and green. But mine looks all yellow and just plain crappy. (See a
photo of this disaster at http://www.inhouzemusic.com/q/lawn.html)

Where am I going wrong? My back yard, which I redid two seasons ago, is
lush and green and beautiful. My front yard, which I hope to redo
someday soon, is just plain ugly. Despite fertilizing and regular
mowing, it's pretty sad. Even areas where I put in new sod look
yellowish and pathetic. Could it be lack of aeration? Bad soil? How
can I make it lush and green, short of tearing it out and starting over?
HELP!

How's the soil PH? I'd check that out. Take some soil from different spots
in the yard and mix it together then have a PH test done on it.