Old 18-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Phisherman

Default Why does my lawn look like crap???

Fleemo wrote:
Despite all the hard work I spend on my lawn, this spring it looks
like CRAP! We've had an unusally wet winter, and all my neighbors'
lawns look lush and green. But mine looks all yellow and just plain
crappy. (See a photo of this disaster at
http://www.inhouzemusic.com/q/lawn.html)

It looks like the trees are sucking all the moisture out of the
ground! Put your mower on the highest setting, mow often, and
preferably use a mulching mower. If it does not rain at least 1" in a
week, give your lawn a good watering early in the morning. Fall lawn
work is usually the most important. A lawn will greatly benefit from
at least one feeding of organic fertilizer per year. I use
Milorganite (processed sewage) or pellitized chicken manure. Do a
soil test to find out what you need !