Old 25-01-2003, 11:39 PM
NauticalWheeler

Default Fast growing seed for science project

My son did a science project on different size seeds
a few years ago. ...."does the size of a seed make
a difference on how it grows?" Large seeds seemed to work best. I have
seen pumpkin, bean, sunflower and squash seeds used by other students. My
son used hyacinth bean seeds because that was the largest seed I had in the
house at the time. I got to plant the results in
the garden. I have also seen a project using grass
seed grown in styrofoam cups. They were placed
in different areas of the house bathroom, closets etc.
Another project was using different types of soils.
Good luck and I am sure you will have fun!