Old 20-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Fleemo

Default Why does my lawn look like crap???

Thanks for all the input here folks.

Yes, the tree roots are a problem, but the grass has never looked this
bad before. And it's rained and rained and rained this season, so I'd
think it'd start the season off well. The lawn does manage to get
several hours of afternoon sun, so I don't think it's a lack of
sunlight. Plus, usually when the grass is water-stressed, it tends to
look grayish. The lawn is very yellow. Including areas of tall
fescue, the same sod that I grow in my back yard which is very very
shady, yet grows well.

I have a lawn service mow my lawn, so I guess I need to tell them to
start cutting it longer.

The PH test, aeration, and the rest of your tips will be taken to
heart, especially this fall. Thanks for your advice.

-Fleemo