Old 20-05-2003, 12:32 PM
xcitor

Default Best vines to cover a chain link fence

On Mon, 19 May 2003 22:27:38 GMT, Logic 3:16 wrote:

| Hi folks.
|
| I live in New York and I have a rusty (but sturdy) old 4 foot high chain
| link fence right next to my house, and I want to cover it with some kind of
| vines to get a little privacy and block the view of my neighbor's messy
| yard. These are the qualities I am looking for:

it doesn't meet all of your requirements, but a climbing hydrangea might be
just the ticket for you. a quick search for `climbing hydrangea' at
images.google.com returned many excellent examples.

in the experience i've had with mine, it may not grow as quickly as you're
looking for, but it is well worth the wait, IMHO.

--john