Old 20-05-2003, 03:44 PM
ann in houston

Default floating pond cover?

(ann in houston) wrote in message . com...
Did y'all miss me??? I'm back too, this season, along with several
other "old-timers" that I've seen post about returning after an
absence. And, of course, I have a question. DH wants to float a
screen-like cover on the pond surface to shade it and keep the algae
down. I am uncomfortable about what that will do to the O2 exchange,
even if the material is porous. This seems like it would be
especially bad once our summer heat really kicks in. Or, would the
lack of sunlight compensate and keep the water cool enough to help the
water retain its oxygen? A cover of some kind does seem to be in
order, but we are dithering (and bickering)over the design.
TIA,
Ann

just answering my own post to keep it high on the list long enough for
someone with an answer to see it.