Old 22-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default How to make water flow uphill.

John Hines wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3046791.stm

From the article:

It certainly beats your common or garden water feature.

Inventor James Dyson, he of the bagless vacuum cleaner,
has stolen the headlines from the gardeners at this year's
Chelsea Flower Show with his "Wrong Garden".

A set of four glass ramps positioned in a square clearly
show water travelling up each of them before it pours off
the top, only to start again at the bottom of the next ramp.

I figured you fellow ponders would get a kick out of this one.

Way too cool for words.

I wonder how long it will take for it to appear on this side
of the big pond.

--
Bonnie
NJ