Old 22-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Why does my lawn look like crap???

"Warren" wrote in message

It's hard to tell in the picture, but it looks like the grass is too
short. My neighbor cuts his lawn too short, and bags the clippings, and
can't figure out why his lawn looks so crappy.

ROFL! I have a neighbor like that. He cuts his lawn putting-green short all
season, and shorter in the summer. Then, he calls Chem Lawn to come and
"fix" it. They give it a shot of nitrogen to green it up, and 2 weeks later,
it looks worse than before. He comes over to my yard constantly to ask "Hey!
Whattya put on yours?" I've done nothing but fertilize every 3 years or so,
and keep an eye on the pH. He thinks I sneak out at night with some sort of
secret spray. :-)

This has been going on for 20 years, and the guy just never learns.