Old 29-05-2003, 06:20 AM
Martin C. Jensen

Default apricot tree without flowers or fruits

Hit it with a baseball bat when it should be flowering the next time (I would
guess next spring). Hitting a tree with a baseball bat when a tree should be
flowering and isn't, some how shocks the tree into flowering sometimes. Someone
on this group thought that hitting the tree would injure the cambium layer of
the tree and the tree would work harder to repair that injury and thus get the
sap to flow more vigorously. I know people this has worked for. If the tree
won't flower, ya just might want to take a swing at it.

Marty

Lil wrote:

Don't precisely remember what kind of apricot since the tag fell off.
I think I bought it from Home Depot about 4-5 years ago...Does it
help?

wrote in message ...
full size fruit trees can require 3-5 years before they produce blossoms. pears take
even longer. what kind of an apricot, where did you get it from? Ingrid

(Lil) wrote:
Not sure why my apricot tree will not flower or fruit. Is it a
question of maturity or have I not found the optimum condition for it?
Thanks in advance.

Lil