Old 30-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Screwed Up Server - Telstra Bigpond

Default how to cook Aloe vera?

I've never heard of this. The juice from the leaves is a very powerful
laxative, so be careful with it.

Jane

Hello,

I eat the gel and juice from my aloe vera plants. The green juice is
bitter. The gel is easily ok. Is it a powerful laxative? I dunno I didn't
feel it.

However, the same cannot be said about the green leaves or the skin. I
carelessly ate some of that when I sliced the gel to eat and it made me
totally dead sick for several days.

There are several varieties of the aloe vera plant though. And my experience
might not apply to all.

Anyhow, just eat the gel or drink it down with water and honey. Its suppose
to be very good for the stomach.

DON'T EAT THE GREEN SKIN or any trace of it.