Old 04-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Vox Humana

Default garden police gone wild?

wrote in message

.. If these "laws" were so damn important, so damned
necessary for the "general good" why not fund "fence police" to go around

making sure
everyone was in compliance? Why not publish these "very important new

laws" so
everyone DOES know about them. Because sure as hell having rules that no

one knows
about, that people routinely break or even ignore leads to complete

contempt for law.
Ingrid

If I understand correctly from your message, your are talking about
Brookfield, WI. If so, it took me about 15 seconds to find the entire
municipal code for that city on line. I just put "Brookfield WI zoning"
into Google. You can go to this address and get a complete zoning map,
examples of the zoning ordinance, and a link to the full municipal code.
When you pull up the municipal code you will see that Title 16 deals with
subdivisions and Title 17 covers all other zoning matters. I am certain
that the code would be available for your inspection at your city hall or
courthouse and perhaps at the local library. As for compliance, all
building departments have some type of inspection and enforcement division.
Most departments have only a handful of people and therefore concentrate on
inspections as part of the building permit process or they act on complaints
made by the public. It isn't very common for building departments to look
for infractions.
http://www.ci.brookfield.wi.us/zoning.htm