Old 06-06-2003, 03:44 PM

Default garden police gone wild?

What you say is not correct. There is no permit required for putting up a fence
along a lot line. When governments start writing ordinances that start banning
activities like parking certain vehicles, dictating fence type and style, color of
houses and kinds of swimming pools, it has nothing to do with ZONING and everything
to do with the city becoming "BIG BROTHER" like an HOA.
Zoning has to do with the uses to which land is put and laws concerning public
safety. So they can specify that there MUST be a fence and how high around a
swimming pool, but not what KIND of swimming pool or what KIND of fence... that is
cosmetic and has nothing to do with health and safety.
She didnt "have" an attorney UNTIL she was sued.
Ingrid

"Vox Humana" wrote:
You also said that there was no permit required for a fence but this is not
true.

Governments have zoning regulations, not Home Owner's rules.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.