Old 14-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Annabel

Default Bluebell seeds

"Ron" wrote in message

"Charlie" wrote in message
Yes, they're the spanish type, but I happen to think they're just as
beautiful.

If you think that then why not collect some wild bluebell seeds from

the
woods and plant those ii your new garden?

I collected eight ounces of wild seed a few years ago spread them

along the
IW roadsides and last year was their first year of flowering.

If you cannot wait for three or four years for bluebells from seed I

suggest
you dig up the Spanish ones and take them with you.

Regards

Ron

Collecting seed from the wild is illegal and is partly what has been
blamed on the reduction and/or local extinction of some species of plant
not least in the huge quantity that you say you took. I'm not sure if
planting seed in ground where you have no permission is illegal but it
is very definitely frowned on and irresponsible, and it has led to the
degradation of local races i.e. the rapid increase in Spanish bluebell
in the u.k.

Bel