Old 05-02-2003, 08:44 AM
Warren

Default Snow and Grass Seed

Pam wrote:

Faye Lifford-Earle wrote:

Yes indeed, it is safe to do this. the snow will provide moisture

and
nitrogen to the soil, the grass seeds will remain dormant until

enough
heat has been supplied (spring/summer). Just be sure to keep the

birds
off the snow...lol

I'd be interested to know how snow provides nitrogen to the

I'd be interested to know how snow will supply nitrogen to the

Maybe besides the grass seed, she's spread fertilizer on the snow too?

If snow provided nitrogen, the bread basket wouldn't be the Great
Plains. It would be the Appalachians!

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.