Old 20-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Natty_Dread

Default Removing a forsythia

Hi all -- I have a couple of forsythias I'd like to get rid of because
they're overgrown with grass and weeds from inside the shrubs and I haven't
been able to get rid of the overgrowth. I'm not sure how old these are,
since they were here when I bought the house, but one is about four feet
tall and about three feet wide from side to side. The other one is slightly
smaller than that. I don't have any experience removing shrubs, and I've
heard that forsythias have deep root systems, so I'm wondering (1) if that's
actually true about the root systems, and (2) about how far I'll need to dig
down to remove these. If anyone has some good advice for me, I'd be very
grateful. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Rhonda
Alexandria, VA