Old 21-06-2003, 02:56 PM
col

Default Why is an orange tree dropping fruit ?

"Joe Blogg" wrote in message
u...
Hi,
I have a 6 year old Washigton navel orange tree in my
Melbourne garden. Good sunny position, good soil, no grass
arund the tree, watered well, fertilsed with citrus food 3 times
a year and prunned. Looks very healthy and produces fruit.
Unfortunately in autmn and early winter is drops fruit and
very few if any) manage to ripen fully. I thought it might simply
have been the wind but it still has lost 15 oranges over last week,
without much wind.
Help!
Alex

A very common problem with Washington Navels, I recommend a generous
application of the axe. You can try all sorts of nutrients etc but if the
tree has had a similar pattern over it's life why waste you time any
further.

Citrus graft easily so if the plant has a good structure wait until early
spring and graft another variety onto the trunk and say goodbye the navel.

Life is too short to waste on under ripe fruit.

Col