Old 24-06-2003, 05:44 AM
Duane Runnels

Default Indoor hibiscus care??

I've had a hibiscus for about 6-7 years. I'm in zone 5 so I have to bring
it indoors in the fall. I put mine in the sunniest window, near a heat
register, and water 2-3 times per week during the winter. Mine's about the
same size as yours. In the spring, I prune it and put outdoors but still
have to hand water once or twice per week. I feed mine all winter long and
it blooms pretty well. Sunlight seems to be the determining factor. Mine
tolerates full sun outside, but I know your TX sun is like a laser.
Nevertheless the things grow crazy in Florida. I would leave it outside
over the summer. The yellowing leaves are typically lack of water. Every
now and then I soak mine. Make sure you have good drainage. There is an
adjustment period moving outside or in, I'd leave it for the season in one
place or another.